Thank you for purchasing My Allergy Detective™
For best results, please read and follow instructions carefully.
Take digital photos of your sampling locations in action. Upload your photos to your online report during the registration process. This will provide a more customized and documented report.
Step 1: Take Air Samples
Required Outdoor Air Sample:
- On one cassette, mark the box labeled “Outside Sample.” (This will be your required control sample.)
- Ensure you have a power outlet to plug into. You may need an extension cord.
- Take sample when it’s not raining or snowing, in an open area 10 ft. away from the structure and overhangs, 3 to 5 ft. off the ground. (Use a chair to set the pump on.)
- Push the green button to start the sample, a red light will illuminate during the testing process. The pump will shut off automatically after the 5-minute air sample is complete.
- Remove the tape flap from the top and bottom of the air cassette. (Save flaps for resealing cassettes.)
- Open the pump lid. (This will remain open during testing.)
- Insert cassette onto the air sample inlet tray and secure firmly in place.
- Reseal top and bottom of air cassette with tape flaps after air sampling is complete.
Indoor Air Sample:
- Mark the remaining air cassette(s) with the room name. All indoor sample(s) should be taken in the middle of the room, 3 to 5 ft. off the ground.
- Repeat steps (b) through Id) outlined in Outdoor Air Sample section.
Note: Air Cassette limited to one use. Do not reuse cassettes.
Take indoor air samples within 15 minutes of the outdoor air sample.
Step 2: Register Online
Step 3: Mail Samples
- Insert up to 20 air cassettes into one mailing envelope and mail to the laboratory.
- *Sending more than one envelope or package may cause samples to arrive to laboratory separately and cause possible delays with analysis.